FINANCIAL ANALYST – BIOTECH
The Financial Analyst reports to the COO and works closely with other Senior Management. Key areas of focus are:
- assisting with the consolidated financials and forecasts/budgets
- working with corporate accounting personnel to ensure proper expense recognition and compliance with internal controls.
- all aspects of fundraising for this private company
- working cross-functionally with internal and external resources as needed on finance-related issues
- operational and strategic ad-hoc projects for senior management
Position will initially be based out of BioAegis’ facility at NJ BioScience Center in North Brunswick, NJ. Partial remote work is acceptable.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Prepares and updates the global consolidated budget and the proformas for investors.
Maintains close communication with senior management to ensure timely understanding of risk factors that may impact forecasts. Maintains standard reporting tools to help identify key risks and opportunities.
Supports corporate accounting requirements, ensures proper expense recognition and compliance with internal controls.
Supports all aspects of fundraising, including investor targeting, valuations and competitive analysis. Prepares fundraising documentation such as updating business plan. Also, works with COO/CFO/legal on closings and associated documents.
Performs ad hoc special management projects and tasks as needed and specified by senior management.
May interact with external service providers to ensure proper invoicing, expense recognition or other finance-related activities.
Works cross-functionally with both internal and external resources, on finance-related and operational-related issues, including government contracts and supports adherence to relevant regulatory/compliance requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
Maintains and updates monthly accruals files and supports vendor invoice adjudication
Prepares applicable management reporting, KPI and audit schedules as necessary.
- Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. Must be available to start work in June 2021.
- US work authorization is required
- Must reside in New Jersey
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines. Demonstrated experience performing modeling, forecasting and budgeting-related financial activities.
- Solid accounting and financial reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability to approach assignments with intellectual curiosity and analytical mindset, particularly as it relates to process improvement and business effectiveness.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong attention to detail. Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a rapidly evolving team environment consisting of internal and external team members. Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
ABOUT BIOAEGIS THERAPEUTICS INC.
BioAegis Therapeutics is a clinical stage company, developing novel protein replacement therapies targeted at saving lives. The company is currently conducting Phase 2 studies for Severe Pneumonia in COVID. The portfolio is based on the endogenous human protein, plasma gelsolin (pGSN). Plasma gelsolin, recently discovered to be a key component of innate immunity, provides an immunotherapeutic approach to fighting pathogens and inflammatory disease. The protein protects end organs against the effects of an uncontrolled and cascading inflammatory response in numerous diseases.
685 US Highway 1, North Brunswick, New Jersey 08902, United States
Please submit resume to email@example.com